On the home page of this module, six different management and team competencies/conditions were described.
In this case, you will reflect on how these competencies/conditions act either alone or with others, to create task
and interpersonal connection.
Review the background readings and conduct some research on your own about building trust, as well as on the
different management and team competencies and conditions.
Then address the following:
1. Do competencies/conditions act either alone or with others, to create task and interpersonal connection?
2. Discuss how each competency and condition leads to either task and/or personal connection by contributing to
goal clarity, loyalty, trust, or information sharing.
3. Identify two ways you build trust with team members. Discuss how these methods work for you now but
perhaps did not in the past with other teams.
4. What barriers might there be to building trust in a virtual team.
Explain your reasons with reference to the background materials, citing two high-quality peer-reviewed
references and at least 1 research article you found to be appropriate during your own research of the assignment
Your paper, which should be 4 to 5 pages (excluding title and reference pages) and include at least 3 high-quality
peer-reviewed scholarly sources available in the Trident Online Library, will be evaluated using the following
• Assignment-Driven Criteria (Precision and Breadth): Does the paper fully address all assignment expectations?
Are the concepts behind the assignment addressed accurately and precisely using sound logic? Does the paper
meet minimum length requirements?
• Critical Thinking (Critical Thinking and Depth): Does the paper demonstrate graduate-level analysis, in which
information derived from multiple sources, expert opinions, and assumptions has been critically evaluated and
synthesized in the formulation of a logical set of conclusions? Does the paper address the topic with sufficient
depth of discussion and analysis?
• Business Writing (Clarity and Organization): Is the paper well written (clear, developed logically, and well
organized)? Are the grammar, spelling, and vocabulary appropriate for graduate-level work? Are section
headings included in all papers? Are paraphrasing and synthesis of concepts the primary means of responding to
the Keys to the Assignment, or is justification/support instead conveyed through excessive use of direct
• Effective Use of Information (Information Literacy and References): Does the paper demonstrate that the
student has read, understood, and can apply the background materials for the module? If required, has the
student demonstrated effective research, as evidenced by student’s use of relevant and quality sources? Do
additional sources used in paper provide strong support for conclusions drawn, and do they help in shaping the
• Citing Sources: Does the student demonstrate an understanding of APA Style of referencing, by the inclusion of
proper end references and in-text citations (for paraphrased text and direct quotations) as appropriate? Have all
sources (e.g., references used from the Background page, the assignment readings, and outside research) been
included, and are these properly cited? Have all end references been included within the body of the paper as intext citations?