1. Identify therapeutic and non-therapeutic communication techniques.
2. Identify congruency between verbal and non-verbal communication.
3. Document the conversation and label the parts of the conversation.
· Apply strategies for safe, effective multidimensional nursing practice when providing basic care and comfort for clients.
For this assignment, fill out the template provided directly after these instructions.
1. Listen to the ATI video case study called Therapeutic Communication.
2. Record the conversation, indicating the comments made by the nurse and client in the correct columns.
3. Observe and document the verbal and non-verbal communication.
4. Label the verbal and non-verbal communication as therapeutic or non-therapeutic.
5. Provide the rationale for each of the labels (therapeutic or non-therapeutic).
6. Indicate a statement or response that may have been more therapeutic for those believed to be barriers to communication.
7. At the conclusion of the conversation, write a paragraph indicating how you would feel if you were the client in this situation.