For this task, you will create a report on the competitive position of the company from your completed Marketplace Simulations business simulation referenced in Task 1.
Note: This task should not be attempted until you have passed Task 1.
As a leader in your business, you are responsible for reporting to other stakeholders about the competitive position of your business during its first six quarters. Your report will provide an analysis of strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats facing the business. It will also address the competitive position of the business in the marketplace and organizational goal setting.
Your submission must be your original work. No more than a combined total of 30% of the submission and no more than a 10% match to any one individual source can be directly quoted or closely paraphrased from sources, even if cited correctly. The similarity report that is provided when you submit your task can be used as a guide.
You must use the rubric to direct the creation of your submission because it provides detailed criteria that will be used to evaluate your work. Each requirement below may be evaluated by more than one rubric aspect. The rubric aspect titles may contain hyperlinks to relevant portions of the course.
Tasks may not be submitted as cloud links, such as links to Google Docs, Google Slides, OneDrive, etc., unless specified in the task requirements. All other submissions must be file types that are uploaded and submitted as attachments (e.g., .docx, .pdf, .ppt).
Provide a written report containing the following:
Note: It is recommended that you use the attached “Competitive Analysis Template” to structure this report.
A. Conduct a SWOT analysis of your business in the simulation by doing the following:
1. Identify one strength, one weakness, one opportunity that has not been met, and one threat that has not been resolved. The SWOT analysis should plausibly reflect the simulated business at the end of Quarter 6 of the simulation.
2. Justify each strength, weakness, opportunity, and threat from part A1 based on information from your business.
B. Analyze the competitive position of your business in the business simulation by doing the following:
1. Incorporate three strategic line graphs from the “Market” section of the strategic graphs in the final quarter (i.e., Quarter 7) of the simulation into your report.
Note: Refer to the supporting document “Accessing Strategic Line Graphs” for information about accessing these graphs. You must be in Quarter 7 of the simulation to access the final strategic line graphs, which cover Quarters 1–6.
2. Analyze how specific events and decisions in your business simulation led to the outcomes shown in each of the three strategic line graphs from part B1.
C. Provide recommendations for the future by doing the following:
1. Suggest one SMART goal for your simulated business for the next one to three quarters (Quarters 7–9).
2. Explain why the goal from part C1 was suggested, including how the goal addresses specific needs of the business.
D. Acknowledge sources, using in-text citations and references, for content that is quoted, paraphrased, or summarized.
E. Demonstrate professional communication in the content and presentation of your submission.