For this final paper, I want you think about all the issues discussed over the semester and think of ways that the various communities that we have covered are affected by White Supremacy, Racism, and/or Racial disenfranchisement. You will then discuss how a central issue like:
· educational inequality
· slavery/labor and work exploitation
· housing segregation/and theft
· food insecurity
· environmental discrimination/exposure to toxic living conditions
· gender violence [sexual assault, intimate partner violence, murdered/missing women]
· mass incarceration/hyperpolicing
· mass deportation/immigration
· misrepresentation in media
affect two or more Communities of Color (African American, Asian American, Native American, and Latinx/Chicanx groups) interconnectedly. You will also share how the course has helped you better understand concepts like Race/Racialization/Racism/Xenophobia/Racial Discrimination/White Supremacy. Respond to the following questions in a 3+ paragraph essay.
· How has course materials reviewed this semester helped you better understand Race/Racialization/Racism/Xenophobia/Racial Discrimination/White Supremacy?
· How are various Communities of Color affected by one major social issue outline in the list above?
· Share how at least two different Communities of Color are impacted by one of the aforementioned social issues
To complete the assignment, you will need to write a multiparagraph essay (intro, body, and conclusion) where you respond to the above questions. You will also need to incorporate SIX course references (3 from assigned readings/3 from lecture slides) in your responses to receive full credit.
Structure (3+ paragraph):
· Intro- briefly describe how the course has helped you better understand Race/Racialization/Racism/Xenophobia/Racial Discrimination/White Supremacy and the central issue facing the Communities of Color your choosing to focus on
· Body- respond to the two questions above in detail while incorporating information from your sources (6 total
· Conclusion- summarize what you wrote in your body paragraphs and share any final thoughts
-Times New Roman/12pt font
2 pts for grammar/syntax/writing
Make sure that your paper is well written, using appropriate language, with minimal typos or other issues.
6 pts for sources and appropriate use course information
You will need to include 3 references for each response.
· You will need to appropriately cite this information following MLA standards
· For more information on MLA:
https://owl.purdue.edu/owl/research_and_citation/mla_style/mla_formatting_and_style_guide/mla_formatting_and_style_guide.htmlLinks to an external site.
https://lbcc.libguides.com/citation_stylesLinks to an external site.
https://style.mla.orgLinks to an external site.
2 pts for structure and flow of the essay
You will write a multi-paragraph essay following this format
· Paragraph 1:intro
· Paragraph 2:body with responses to the questions above
· Paragraph 3:conclusion
Your paper will need a general flow that is readable and shows that you have a good grasp of the concept and course materials