For this assignment, you will demonstrate the skills needed for conducting an indirect assessment. This generally is how practitioners begin the FBA. Although the indirect assessment does not require you to observe the target behaviors, it is a critical component of the FBA because it allows you to build rapport with the stakeholders. The information gathered in this part of the analysis will also inform your descriptive and/or experimental analysis. Be sure to incorporate values of compassion and cultural humility when conducting the indirect assessment. You can refer to the Capella Compassion Code [DOCX] for more details.
Part 1: Selecting the Tool or Method
Considering the highest priority problem behavior from your last assignment, select a method to conduct the indirect assessment. You can choose from a variety of tools such as the FAST, FAI, QABF, MAS, or the IISCA Open-Ended Interview. If you choose a survey or a checklist, your indirect assessment must also include an interview. Document the advantages and limitations of the selected tool. Provide a rationale for why you have selected this tool for your indirect assessment. Be sure to consider compassionate approaches when selecting your indirect assessment.
Part 2: Gathering and Summarizing Information
If you chose a fellow learner, friend, or family member, summarize the information collected from interviews with stakeholders and/or completed checklists and surveys. If you chose a character from a T.V. show or movie, you will need to infer the information in your summary. Remember the information obtained from the indirect assessment should inform the procedures taken in the experimental analysis in Week 8. In this summary, provide examples of approaches you took from the Capella Compassion Code [DOCX] to demonstrate how you took into consideration compassionate assessment methods while gathering this information. You should also present a visual display of the summarized information. Include the completed checklists or interviews as part of your assignment.
Your assignment should meet the following requirements:
· Written communication: Should be free of errors that detract from the overall message.
· APA formatting: References and citations are formatted according to current APA style guidelines. Review Evidence and APA for more information on how to cite your sources.
· Resources: A sufficient number of scholarly or professional resources. Resources should include the course texts, and a combination of seminal works.
· Length: 3-4 double-spaced pages.
· Font and font size: Times New Roman, 12-point.
· SafeAssign: You are required to use SafeAssign before submitting the completed assignment to your instructor. Submit your work to SafeAssign as a draft, review the results, and make any needed changes. When you are ready, submit your assignment to the assignment area for grading.