Chapters 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11
Choose two (2) questions to answer. Each answer should be one typed double-spaced page in length.
Indicate, in full, by question number, the question you are answering. You do not have to copy out the question. Submit your answers in order. Your answer to each question is expected to be about one typed double-spaced page in length. You must use complete sentences and proper grammar. Use a typical font and size (we can tell if you change the margins in order to submit a longer answer!).
Answer questions in your own words using your own examples rather than those of the text. If Canadian data is available, be sure to include it in your answers. References are not required because the only source needed to answer these questions is your text. If you do use outside sources, then you must provide the full citation; you will not improve your mark, however, by using outside references.
1. What are the advantages and disadvantages of early and late development for boys and for girls?
2. Suppose that you just started working in a daycare for infants. You are concerned with providing auditory and visual stimulation that will be detectable and pleasant for the infants.
1. What are the visual capabilities and preferences of the neonate? of the 2-month-old?
2. What are the auditory capabilities and preferences of the neonate?
3. Compare and contrast Piaget’s views with Vygotsky’s views.
4. Suppose you are an elementary-school teacher. What developmental trends and individual differences in attention might be useful for you to know when you are making curricular decisions and developing individual learning plans?
5. Summarize research and conclusions with regard to how well IQ predicts
1. scholastic achievement
2. occupational success
3. psychological adjustment
6. Compare and contrast any two theories of language acquisition.