Complete the following analysis of the CHF data set Download CHF data set .
Variables can be measured as categories (nominal or ordinal) or on a continuous range of scores (interval or ratio). For each of the variables in the CHF data set,
· Create a table and indicate if the variable is nominal, ordinal, ratio, or interval.
Using the formulas provided in the A Practical Approach to Analyzing Healthcare Data textbook or the Data Analytics Toolpak, for the admission source (admsrc), sex, discharge destination (dischdest), and patient age category (age),
· Generate the following information for each of the following descriptive statistics:
· Standard Error
· Standard Deviation
· Sample Variance
· Create a frequency distribution table for the admission source that includes each of the following:
· Discharge Status
· Age Category
· Number of Diagnosis Codes
Chi Squared Test of Independence
The chi-squared test of independence is a statistical test used to test if there is a relationship between categorical (categories) data. For additional assistance calculating chi-square, review the Chi-Square Help Download Chi-Square Help resource.
Complete the following:
· Determine if there is an association between sex and admission source from the CHD data set.
· Create the null hypothesis that there is no association between the patient sex and admission source.
· Create the alternative hypothesis that there is an association between the patient sex and admission source.
· Calculate the p-value.
· Excel has a function called CHISQ.test to compute the probability of a particular chi-square value. Using the CHF data for sex and admission source, select a cell into which you want to enter the CHIQ.TEST function. Click on “Formulas,” “More functions,” “Statistical menu option” and scroll down to select “CHISQ.TEST.” Enter the sex range of values in the actual-range box. Enter the admission source range of values in the expected -range box. Click OK to calculate the p-value.
· Indicate whether you are rejecting or accepting the null hypothesis.
· A chi-square test will give you a p-value. The p-value will tell you if your test results are significant or not. A p-value of 0.05 is 5%. Small p-values, generally under 5%, usually mean you should reject the null hypothesis.
The premise of CHART (contrast, hierarchy, accuracy, relevance, truth) in Tutorial
I agree with the premise of CHART because demand for infographics moved into high gear. It is important to follow these aspects to enhance the audience’s attention toward the infographic(Allovub, 2014). It can also become the best source for promoting a business because hierarchy, accuracy, relevancy, contrast, and truth are crucial aspects of business presentations.
Example of Infographic
Critique the Infographic. What do you like or dislike about the Infographic, and why?
The infographic given is an excellent piece because all of the important things are described in it. What I like the most about the infographic is the statistics given in it. The statistics increase the credibility of the infographic. The infographic is also very attractive due to the choice of colour.
Describe how you would create an Infographic.
For creating an infographic, I will use several steps:
· Determine the main goal of the infographic and the target audience it is meant for.
· It will help in deciding on the content, tone, and design elements that should be included.
· Research and gather data relevant to the topic of the infographic. It can be in the form of statistics, facts, or other information that can be presented visually.
· The best decision regarding the structure and layout of the infographic. It may include dividing the information into categories and creating a hierarchy.
Discuss whether there are free templates for creating an Infographic in addition to the site in your required reading.
Yes, there are several free templates available for creating an infographic. Some popular websites that offer free infographic templates include:
So many other websites offer free templates for creating infographics, so it is worth exploring a few to find one that meets your needs. The infographic can be easily created using the free templates provided on the website.
Discuss whether there are any tutorials on creating an Infographic.
Yes, many tutorials are available on creating an infographic, both online and in print. Here are some sources where you can find tutorials on creating an infographic: many online tutorials and articles provide step-by-step instructions on creating an infographic. There are several books and eBooks available that provide detailed guidance on creating infographics. Graphic design forums and communities, such as Dribbble and Behance, offer discussion threads and resources to learn how to create infographics.