Goal: Create a case study analysis based on two scholarly studies that utilize metaphors (Morgan’s, or similar) to describe the functionality of organizations. After a concise but thorough analysis of the cases, summarize the benefits of using metaphorical devices in management practice. You will search for, find, and use two case studies from the APUS Library. FYI – there is an FAQ in the library with a question on how to find case studies.
Instructions: Students will write a 600-750 word case study analysis based on two case studies that use Morgan’s metaphors (or similar) as a tool to understand organizations. Review the Case Study Analysis procedure attached to this assignment. Obtain your case study articles from scholarly peer-reviewed journals in the APUS online library. Use case studies that were published within the last ten years. After a concise but thorough and clear delineation and analysis of the cases, complete the paper with a summary of what you gleaned from using metaphors to understand management practice within organizations.
Write using the APA style format, including a title page and references page (no abstract is required). When you upload your paper, also upload pdfs of BOTH case studies so that the professor can check your analysis.
Use the following outline in your summary (in APA format with a Title page and References page):
1. Identify the business problems of each of the cases; describe the metaphor(s) used.
2. Evaluate the proposed solutions. Are the solutions valid? Why or why not? How/why did the use of metaphor(s) assist in the solution?
3. Submit recommendations you propose beyond what is already stated in the cases.
4. State how the solutions will be communicated in each case. Do you agree? Why or why not?
5. At the end of the paper, write a paragraph expressing the takeaways/benefits of using metaphors in management practice.