The group PPT should have a minimum of 20 slides and no more than 40 with speaker notes. (Including group members, outline, reference page). Reference and citations must be in APA format 6th or 7th Ed.
The presentation should be directed to the pharmacological management of the disease. It should include the following: Drug indications, drug classification, generic name and most common brand name, mechanism of action, side effects, drug interactions, use of the drug in different populations and important pearls.
1: Title • Title: Understanding Anticoagulants
• Subtitle: Essential Knowledge for Nurse Practitioners
• Brief overview of the importance of anticoagulants in healthcare.
• Mention the aim of the presentation: to provide an understanding of different types of anticoagulants and their clinical applications.
3: Blood Clotting Process
• Explain the normal blood clotting process.
• Highlight the role of anticoagulants in preventing abnormal clot formation.
4: Types of Anticoagulants
• Detail the two main categories: Oral and Injectable anticoagulants.
• Mention common examples from each category.
5: Oral Anticoagulants
• Discuss commonly used oral anticoagulants like Warfarin, Apixaban, and Rivaroxaban.
• Emphasize their indications, dosages, and monitoring requirements.
6: Injectable Anticoagulants
• Explain the use of injectable anticoagulants such as Heparin and Enoxaparin.
• Describe when and how these are administered.
7: Novel Oral Anticoagulants (NOACs)
• Highlight the benefits and considerations of NOACs like Apixaban and Rivaroxaban.
• Compare them to traditional anticoagulants.
8: Monitoring and Safety
• Discuss the importance of regular monitoring for anticoagulant therapy.
• Address safety concerns, including bleeding risks.
9: Reversal Agents
• Explain the availability of reversal agents for anticoagulants.
• Discuss their use in emergency situations.
10: Patient Education
• Provide key points for patient education regarding anticoagulant therapy.
• Emphasize compliance, dietary considerations, and recognizing signs of bleeding.
• Summarize key takeaways from the presentation.
• Reiterate the importance of nurse practitioners’ role in managing anticoagulant therapy.
• Provide references and recommended readings for further learning.