MSN5270 Advanced Theoretical Perspectives for Nursing
A blackboard with white writing Description automatically generated with low confidence
· Select any middle range nursing theory and do a PowerPoint presentation on ways in which the theory is applicable to your practice.
End of Course Student Learning Outcomes
· Critically analyze the philosophical underpinnings of nursing theories.
· Critique nursing’s conceptual models, grand theories, and mid-range theories.
· Examine the influence that nursing models and theories have upon research and practice.
· Apply nursing theory or theories to nursing research.
End of Program Student Learning Outcomes
· Integrate nursing and related sciences into the delivery of care to clients across diverse healthcare settings
· Evaluate the effectiveness of clinical prevention interventions that affect individual and population-based health outcomes, perform risk assessments, and design plans or programs of care
· Relate knowledge of illness and disease management to providing evidence-based care to clients, communities, and vulnerable populations in an evolving healthcare delivery system. Integrate nursing and related sciences into the delivery of care to clients across diverse healthcare settings
Due Date: Submit to the Moodle by Saturday of the end Week 9 at 11:59 p.m. ET.
Points: This assignment is worth a total of 100 points.
· To complete this assignment, you will need to access the Miami Regional University virtual library database: CINAHL Complete Database, MEDLINE Complete Database, LIRN, and so forth. Our Librarian is available to help on campus from Monday to Friday 7:30 am to 9:00 pm & Saturday 8:00 am to 3:00 pm. Remember we now also have a Ask a Librarian option 7 days a week available in Moodle.
· This assignment is worth 100 points and will be graded on the required components as summarized in the directions and grading criteria/rubric. This assignment will be graded on quality of information, use of citations, use of Standard English grammar, sentence structure, and overall organization based on the required components as summarized in the directions and grading criteria and rubric.
· APA format and effective writing is required for the paper.
· Use Microsoft PowerPoint
· Follow the directions and grading criteria closely. Any questions about this presentation may be posted under the Q & A Forum.
· The length of the presentation is to be approximately 20 slides excluding the title page and reference pages.
· This presentation will be submitted through Turnitin, a Turnitin similarity score of 20% or less is expected.
· A minimum of 6 current scholarly references that are 5 years old or less.
Directions and Grading Criteria
Discuss the historical background of middle range.
Analysis of the underpinning for the theory you select
Discuss the analysis of the underpinning for middle range you selected. Theoretical or background work that has been done in the field that will support formation /creation of theory
Applications of the Theory
Explain how the middle range is used in practice.
Suggestion for additional research
Discuss the need for additional research
All resources correctly referenced
APA Format & Clarity of writing
APA format corrects with no more than 1-2 minor errors: Use of a minimum of six current scholarly references.
A quality paper will meet or exceed all of the above requirements.