1. Situation Analysis- (a detailed examination of a company’s market presence based on internal and external factors)
• Describe the
-Real work environment-Hospital acute care
-Provider objectives- to carry out safe, competent, and effective healthcare within timely manner
-Systems configuration- (defined System configuration is a term in systems engineering that defines the computer hardware, the processes as well as the various devices that comprise the entire system and its boundaries)
-As well as any unmet needs or issues.
2. Workflow Requirements
• List or otherwise characterize the
requirements that will need to be met by the new or upgraded health information
3. Architecture Alternatives
• Describe and evaluate several workflow alternatives.
-Indicate the pros, cons,
-Unresolved issues for each alternative
-Give special attention to the effects of each
alternative on “human factor”, care pathways, and protocols.
4. Provisional Recommendation
• Given the admittedly incomplete information available to you
What would you recommend as next steps?
-Options include doing nothing, upgrading the current
system, performing more analysis, etc.