This will be a research misconduct case summary critique for my doctoral ethics class.
For this particular assignment, Select a Research Misconduct Case Summary from the following website: The Office of Research Integrity, “Case Summaries”
Using Sternberg’s (2021) eight stages of ethical reasoning, discuss what could have been done differently to prevent research misconduct. The bulk of your
critique should consist of your assessment of the case regarding research misconduct and the ethical dilemma presented. Please use references to support
your opinions. Include the following information in your assignment:
• Name(s) of the case
• Title of case in question
• University and Country of origin
• Sternberg’s (2021) Eight Stages of Reasoning (Write in narrative paragraph essay form, with subheadings and literature integration throughout your
1) What is the event you need to react to?
2) Why is the event an ethical dilemma?
3) Why is the ethical dilemma significant to merit an ethics-guided response?
4) Identify the ethical principles that may apply to the problem.
5) State how these ethical principles apply to the problem.
6) Provide an ethical solution to the problem.
7) Would your solution produce any repercussions?
8) How would you enact the ethical solution?
• Discuss what could have been done differently to prevent misconduct.
Your critique essay should be 5-7 pages, (not including the required Cover Page or Reference page(s)). Current scholarly literature and citations should be
integrated throughout the entire paper vs. opinion-based writing. Your APA formatted paper should include a clear introduction with your purpose,
subheadings, and a conclusion that reiterates the salient points already shared.
I have attached recommended resources to elaborate on the assignment expectations. Make sure to provide substantial evidence from scholarly resources
and refrain from making generalized statements. Textbooks, blogs, magazine or internet articles, book chapters, or special reports, do not count toward
Here are the places that you should be getting your peer-reviewed sources from:
Journal of Ethics
Journal of Medical Ethics
Kennedy Institute of Ethics Journal
Journal of Ethics and Social Philosophy
Journal of Empirical Research on Human Research Ethics
Ethics and International Affairs
Ethical Theory and Moral Practice
Public Health Ethics
American Journal of Bioethics
The Journal of Law, Medicine & Ethics
Journal of Information Ethics
Journal of Applied Philosophy
Narrative Inquiry in Bioethics
Perspectives in Biology and Medicine
Cambridge Quarterly of Healthcare Ethics
Ethics and Information Technology