Course Title: Opportunity Evaluation and Value Creation
Competency Assessment Title: Competency 2 Assessment
Total Number of Points: 100
Part 1: Porter’s Five Forces
Determine the strength—high, medium, or low—of each of the Porter’s five forces and of the complementors for the company you assessed in the Competency 1
In 1-3 sentences, justify the strength you assigned to each force with examples.
Part 2: Expanding the Organization
Watch the video from the University Library.
Choose 1 country that the organization you’ve been working on in this course could consider expanding into.
Analyze that potential international market by considering the 4 aspects of the diamond of national advantage: industry rivalry, demand conditions, related and
supporting industries, and factor endowments.
Analyze the forces (in the home market and international market) that will help the organization succeed with its expansion, and the forces that may act as
barriers to that expansion. Refer to your analysis of strengths and weaknesses completed in Competency 1 Assessment, Part 1; Part 1 of this assessment; and
your analysis of the diamond of national advantage.
Evaluate the 4 adjustments leaders must make when expanding internationally (Burkus, 2012). Recommend 1 specific leadership action for each adjustment, such
as developing a global mindset, developing sensitivity to cultural differences, decentralizing, deciding on the level of involvement, etc.
Recommend whether the organization should expand into the chosen country and explain your rationale.
Create a 13- to 14-slide PowerPoint presentation to present your analysis and recommendation. Include the following in your presentation:
• A cover slide
• An agenda slide
• Identification of the country you have chosen (1 slide)
• 1 slide for analysis of each of the elements of the diamond of national advantage (4 slides)
• A summary of analysis of the forces that will help the organization succeed in the new country (1 slide)
• A summary of analysis of the forces that will hinder the organization’s success in the new country (1 slide)
• Leadership actions required to make the 4 adjustments identified by Burkus (2012) (1-2 slides)
• A recommendation and rationale (1 slide)
• A conclusion slide
• A references slide
• Speaker notes to convey the details you would give if you were presenting
Note: The slides should contain only essential information and as little text as possible. Do not design a slide presentation made up of long bullet points.
Cite references to support your assignment.