Course Title: Opportunity Evaluation and Value Creation
Competency Assessment Title: Competency 1 Assessment
Total Number of Points: 100
Part 1: Corporate Entrepreneurship Assessment
Choose 1 of the following Fortune 500 companies to study throughout this course:
• CVS Health
• Bank of America
• Home Depot
• United Parcel Service
• Procter & Gamble
Research the company and then answer the following questions:
• Which company did you choose?
• What is the company’s website address?
• What are 3-5 entrepreneurial strengths of the company?
• What are the major elements of the company’s approach to entrepreneurship and value creation?
• What is 1 action the company could take to increase its entrepreneurial value creation?
Include references for any sources cited.
Part 2: Adding Value to the Organization
Assess the external environment of the organization. Based on your assessment and the strengths and weaknesses you identified in Part 1, evaluate opportunities
for that organization to add economic, social, and environmental value.
Recommend an opportunity that meets the following criteria:
• Best capitalizes on the organization’s valuable, rare, and hard-to-imitate resources
• Is least impacted by the organization’s weaknesses
• Takes the best advantage of the external environment
Create a 13- to 15-slide PowerPoint presentation to present your assessment, evaluation, and recommendation. Include the following:
• Cover slide
• Agenda slide
• Description of the organization (1 slide)
• Summary of the strengths and weaknesses of the organization (2 slides)
• Key aspects of your assessment of the external environment that present opportunities for adding value, such as trends, unmet needs, unsolved problems,
underserved consumer groups, and so on (2-3 slides)
• Evaluation of opportunities to add economic value (1 slide)
• Evaluation of opportunities to add social value (1 slide)
• Evaluation of opportunities to add environmental value (1 slide). Note: Some opportunities may appear on more than 1 slide. For example, you may find an
opportunity that adds economic, social, and environmental value.
• Recommended opportunity to pursue first, with a rationale that shows how the opportunity capitalizes on the organization’s valuable, rare, and hard-to-imitate
resources; is not much impacted by the organization’s weaknesses; and takes advantage of the external environment (1-2 slides)
• Conclusion slide
• References slide
• Speaker notes to convey the details you would give if you were presenting
The slides should contain only essential information and as little text as possible. Do not design a slide presentation made up of long bullet points.
Cite references to support your assignment.