After reviewing the learning resources for Discussion 2 – Week 5, respond to the following questions:
• In your own words, what is public policy? What is social policy?
• What factors must be considered in making policy?
• What is evidence-based research and why is it important for the well-being of society?
• Provide an example of how evidence-based research has led to policy change.
• What role can social scientists play in linking theory, research, and practice?
What is Public Policy? – civiced.org
Social Policy | Encyclopedia.com
Understanding Evidence-Based Public Health Policy – PMC (nih.gov)
Types of Research Used for Evidence Based Practice – YouTube
16.4 Policymakers – American Government 3e | OpenStax