BLDG 4006 Modern Construction Enterprises
Assessment 4 General Strategic Plan
Student Number Only
• This assessment is a summary of the class content and knowledge you are expected to generally know. We have discussed many topics already and reviewed the annual reports of the leading companies. The 9 sections below are prompts to help you write this assignment quickly and completely.
• You are creating a starting instruction for your company and crystallising the best direction you feel best. Therefore, all sections should answer, The “What, When, and the How”. The “when” is whatever timeline you feel is critical to your plan, i.e., in 30 years, when you sell the business. The “How” is where many lack good answers – see course content for those answers.
• This is end-to-end, i.e., the process from the beginning to the end. Please include the why or the justification for your project and organisational choices.
• You can address each section generally or specifically – these are to help you think through and integrate your thoughts. No one section is more important than another. Just be coherent in your choices.
• **How well you start and plan your firm’s journey will partially determine how difficult it will be to operate during difficult economic times and how profitable it will be during good economic times.
• The minimum word count is 1,000 words, with 2,000 words maximum.
1. Company Name
Type of construction firm
State and explain your construction company’s business goal(s)
How will you achieve your goal?
What is your Target Market e.g., Project-type(s), Client-type(s) and Location(s)
How will you align your management and craft skills to these choices
3. Work Acquisition
Interview of client before quantity take-off
Estimating-Project Management information turnover
4. Project Operations
Project Management Process
Short Interval Planning
Site material logistics
Lessons learnt meeting/post job review
5. Financial Management
Accounts Payable process
Accounts Receivable process including collection of past due and bad debt
Asset Acquisition, Depreciation, and Disposal process
6. Human Resources
Recruiting & Hiring process
Your target employee type
How will you retain your best talent
Employees – fired and laid off
What is your exit process?
The general technology you will use
Latest or 1 version earlier?
Large company or small company?
Integrated overall or specific to each section above?
Apple, Microsoft or other hardware type?
8. Measuring and Tracking
Choose your qualitative and quantitative measures
What is your one (overall) measure that all outcomes will be judged?
9. Retiring from your Firm
Process of selling your firm