Learning Log Entry: Annotated Bibliography
• Select a short journal article from the or Google Scholar.
• Then after reading, practice writing an annotation of about 150 words.
• Using the guidelines that you have learned in this unit, summarize the information in the first paragraph and provide a brief critique in the second paragraph, including how it fits in with your research question.
• Write this in your learning log. After that, reflect on this process or choose sources, reading, and writing the annotation. Add any further questions you have about writing annotated bibliographies or research. (250 maximum)
QUESTIONS TO CONSIDER
After completing the activities above, consider the following questions:
• What criteria will you use to choose useful sources (academic books and journal articles) for your annotated bibliography?
• What aspects of concision will you need to focus on when writing your annotation?
• What specific style of annotation will you need to use for your annotations? (APA)
Note that the learning activities in this course are ungraded, unless specified. They are designed to help you succeed in your assessments in this course, so you are strongly encouraged to complete them.