use design thinking to offer methods and insights into what might improve that function. Keep in mind that design thinking is applied to both objects and processes. Objects and processes are created with the intention of fulfilling a human ‘function.’ So, for example, the object of a coffee cup has a ‘function’ of quenching thirst/providing nutrition, while the process of filling in of your income tax has a ‘function’ of transferring private property to the public (government) realm.
1. Observe/define the current situation and describe it. There are many people in developed and underdeveloped countries without electricity, particularly in rural Africa. Create a sustainable and accessible approach to provide electricity to millions of people worldwide.
2. Suggest trends that might lead to this function is more important in the future, which can include environmental factors affecting the function. With this section, you can use the strategies for identifying trends; PEST Political, Economic, Social, technological.
3. Describe the stakeholders. Primary and Secondary Stakeholders
4. Describe who the stakeholders are.
5. Describe a scenario or horizon scanning where the function is being addressed.
You are free to address the question and organize your response in any way you wish, but do try to create a systematic approach, which will require an introduction (stating the issue/thesis), a conclusion, and clearly-defined sections.