Comprehensive Systems Analysis | Part 1
● Citation Requirements: minimum of 4
● Word Count: 500-750
● APA Formatting
Analyzes all the introduction and the organizational prompts by responding in a manner that demonstrates critical examination of the organization and the Six Box Model.
Organizes and synthesizes evidence to reveal insightful patterns, differences, or similarities related to focus.
In order to implement change in a system, it is important to get a feel for that particular system. In this paper, you will elaborate more fully on the concepts of the Weisbord Model. You must think critically about each of the boxes in the model and identify the factors in the organization’s environment that are critical to how the organization goes about its ‘business.’ You will provide a concise description of the organizational setting in which a problem will be studied. This paper represents your analysis, according to the Weisbord Model, of the organizational setting (or subsystem of the setting, such as a department) in which the problem is embedded.
1. Review the various concepts studied during the module.
2. Reflect on and analyze these concepts.
3. Write a Comprehensive Systems Analysis of an Organization applying the Weisbord model.
Note: You are encouraged to use the same organization here that you plan on using for your Applied Research Project. Though this is not required, it will help you with chapter one of the Applied Research Project later in the program.
The following format is required and each question must be addressed as follows:
● Describe the organization
● What makes this organization worthy of analysis?
● Which organizational characteristics have you learned about within the organization under analysis; such as, sustainability and/or Extended Producer Responsibility (EPR) strategies, organizational turmoil (volatility, uncertainty, chaos, ambiguity), organizational stewardship?
● Use the Six Box Model to describe specifically how each aspect of the model (purposes, structure, relationships, rewards, leadership, and helpful mechanisms) operates in the organization you chose.
● What are the interrelationships among the findings within boxes that were revealed about the organization?
● How does the power structure in the organization influence how decisions are made?