Module Title Capstone Project
Assessment Task Dissertation / Project report
Word Count 12000
Type of Submission Written work
Upon successful completion of the module you will be able to:
• Identify, plan, design and conduct an individual project, underpinned by independent research, directly relevant to the programme of study.
• Collect, analyse, interpret and evaluate data and information generated by the research activity
• Communicate findings which meets academic standards at degree level and professional standards of presentation
Students must demonstrate the understanding and knowledge gained from their programme of study and how this can be applied in a practical or theoretical way in a particular setting or context.
The Dissertation is the write up of an independent piece of research underpinned by existing literature. Expected structure:
• Introduction (rationale and context, aims and objectives)
• Literature review
• Analysis & Discussion
You are expected to meet regularly with your supervisor throughout this module, to check on progress.
You will be required to submit an Introduction and some pages throughout the writing to your supervisor.
• Your attention is drawn to the University policy on plagiarism paraphrasing to mitigate plagiarism.
• You are required to keep to the word limit set for an assessment and to note that you may be subject to penalty if you exceed that limit. You are required to provide an accurate word count on the cover sheet for each piece of work you submit.