1. Choose one pop-culture hero, superhero or villain, and identify one ethical issue this figure typically has to
2. Then explain how your pop figure might solve the same ethical issue from at least 6 different ethical
theories we have covered thus far. Make sure your ethical issue or problem is complicated enough for you to
apply each ethical theory and to allow enough detailed analysis of the issue.
Be sure to draw upon six of the nine theories we have covered thus far:
Utilitarianism (Consequentialism, Teleology)
Kantian Ethics (Deontology)
3. Imagine and include what might be the actions, thoughts, or words the superhero could perform or utter
from each particular ethical stance. Every slide should have a specific quote from the hero/heroine and an
explanation of how this relates to the corresponding theory.
4. What might be the consequences or aftermath of acting from each particular stance for your chosen pop
figure? Don’t forget to include this, along with a variety of unique and colorful graphics for each slide.
5. Citations and References: You should have citations on every slide (Author, Date) for the definition of each
theory, for your quotes, and also a reference slide at the end.
-Create a minimum of a ten-slide PowerPoint with colorful graphics and easy-to-read font on each slide.
-Logically organize your ideas (you should first identify how the figure typically responds to the issue and
what ethical theory typically dominates this figure’s reactions.
-Ensure that the analysis and description of each of the various ethical theories are accurate.
-Include one direct, substantial quotation from each our readings for each of the different ethical theories
-Be sure to include an APA reference page at the end