“Assignment, Individual Report.”
Contrast an airline’s multiple years’ performance for being influenced by the current downturn in mainly financial performance survival.
1. Select from the industry any Full service carrier or a Low cost carrier (LCC) Airlines and review the performance during the last three years.
Identify the factors within the chosen airline business environment that most affected the development and the very first survival of these airlines during these current global crises and possibly within the next decade. Those factors include, but not limited to, Political, Environmental, Social, Technical and Economic (PESTE).
Also identify what plans or actions the airline has and can adopt to overcome the turbulent times and those influencing factors.
2. By evaluating and contrasting the most recent three years, generate a report that list down the marketing strategies on each individual year which made them superior or contrary lagging in the industry. Perhaps the airline had a consistent marketing strategy.
Focus on the success products that made the Airline’s load factors improve and brought back financial benefits. In other words, draw conclusions of what are the airline’s best practice market strategies that achieved them the best in class over other major players in the industry in view of the increasing competitive environment.
3. As a supplement to the above point, Assess how well the airline has performed financially during 2019, 2018 and 2017, by contrasting yield, revenues (net profit margins) and passenger/cargo loads. Which year was when the airline has adopted the best business model and a successful long term strategy? If one of years is more successful than the other, make recommendations on actions/improvements that the airline could adopt.
4. Internet and researchers books are considered useful reference for subject assignment. All trends and ideas drawn can be based on experts opinions but be careful to reference all of your sources. It is quite essential to gain good marks to mainly be able to identify by contrast the various plans and business strategies adopt by each airline. To that extent, each one of you must research on airline and industry and be able to draw conclusions on best practices for the future.
You should address issues like increased competition and marketing strategy and effect over financial performance, ticket fares, cost control and profits.
5. Marks will be awarded for proper interpretation of financial data analysed and not just attaching to report. As stated previously, all used material, studies and financial figures should be referenced using the Harvard referencing system as provided in class.
The report length is expected to be around 3000 words but not to exceed 3500 words.